Analyst, Business Analytics
Full Time - Texas or Remote
We are looking for an Analyst to join our Business Analytics team. Data is at the center of everything Favor does, and the appetite for reporting and analysis grows each day as we expand our geographic footprint throughout Texas and introduce new platforms, products and features to our community of customers, runners and merchant partners. An Analyst on the Business Analytics team will leverage first- and third-party data to generate insights about our customers, runners, merchant partners, and product.
- Drive the business forward by defining and capturing KPIs that measure the impact of specific product features, programs, and operational initiatives.
- Partner with leaders from the operations, sales, marketing, product and finance teams to develop reports that monitor business trends and inform strategy.
- Identify and resolve gaps in data completeness and accuracy to continually improve our data ecosystem.
- Leverage customer, runner and marketplace data to make recommendations related to service optimization, leading to a best-in-class experience for customers and lucrative earnings opportunities for runners in 200+ Texas markets.
- Analyze app features and user behavioral data to understand how we can influence customer purchase decisions through various merchandising and pricing levers.
- Grow the collective Business Analytics team knowledge base through process documentation and technical mentorship.
- A related degree or comparable formal training, certification, or work experience.
- 2+ years of experience working in an analytical role. (Title and compensation will be informed by experience level).
- Intermediate to expert SQL skills, preferably with large datasets.
- Experience with business intelligence software, such as Looker, Tableau, or Domo.
- Experience with client-side analytics, like Google Analytics and Firebase.
- Comprehensive knowledge of statistical concepts and A/B test design.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, in particular in a presentation setting with an audience of varying technical levels.
- Proficiency in multiple tools and scripting languages - e.g. Python, R, Excel.
- Detail-oriented. You ensure accuracy and consistency of reporting and analysis through data cleansing, transformation and ongoing stewardship. You think 2 steps ahead to identify potential roadblocks and have contingency plans to address them.
- Narrative-oriented. You connect changes in top-level metrics to the underlying drivers and create compelling visualizations to drive home key findings. You communicate results effectively to audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Action-oriented. You are always up for a challenge and view reporting and analysis as an opportunity to recommend tactics and strategies that make the business better. You are open to feedback in the interest of delivering continually better output and growing as a professional.
- Teamwork-oriented. You know how and when to effectively engage with your stakeholders and your teammates. You view yourself as a partner in the decision-making process and build trust through goal alignment, process transparency and world-class output.
Life at Favor:
- Benefits -- We offer premium health, vision, dental, life, and 401(k) options. We also offer Favor delivery credit and H-E-B discounts!
- Time-Off -- We offer unlimited PTO for salary employees and ample vacation time to all team members. We empower you to live your best life and do your best work!
- Learning & Development -- We encourage personal growth and education through regular Learning Labs taught by internal team members and external facilitators.
- Community -- Whether you’re an avid cyclist, dog lover, or Magic enthusiast, there’s a group for you here. We foster community through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), quarterly company-wide events, happy hours, and regular connection opportunities.