Android – Software Engineer II
Full Time - Texas or Remote
Favor’s mission is ‘Anything Delivered’. Our engineers make high-touch logistics happen. The Favor technology platform is the engine behind the business enabling millions of Favors. Our technology efficiently manages the real-time assignment of Runners to Favors, facilitates communication between customers, Runners, and support, keeps thousands of customer and Runner mobile applications in sync, and more.
Do you get a thrill when you make an impact on hundreds of thousands of users? Do you want to work for a purpose and value driven company in a high growth environment? Our engineers create the tools and applications necessary to connect our customers, Runners, merchants, and support teams. You will work closely with our product and operations teams to understand customer needs, build simple solutions to complex problems, and deliver delightful experiences to all our users.
At Favor, we are committed to building a world class team that shares a passion for modern, clean code and products that make a difference. We need engineers like you to help us achieve our mission of ‘Anything Delivered’.
- Assists in research and fact finding to develop or modify applications
- Fixes bugs and performs updates to the code base while working closely with senior engineers
- Participate in the planning and execution of development projects
- Partner with cross-functional technology teams to integrate solutions
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2 - 5 years of software engineering experience
- Able to take technical direction to deliver well-scoped work
- Experience with Object-Oriented or Functional programming languages including SOLID principles
- Can design working algorithms and analyze their performance
- Knowledge of application testing strategies; including unit, integration, end-to-end, and performance tests
- Ability to plan and design individual components and functions
- Familiar with architecture patterns such as SOA, Event-driven, or n-tier
- Ability to walk through and manually debug existing code
- Has an understanding of RESTful API best practices
- Communicates clearly with UX and design, product management, and across engineering teams
- Ability to extend and build upon existing application patterns for pages, components, and state
- Appreciate simple design
- Love to write clean, well tested code - test first or TDD approaches a plus
- Enjoy working with other engineers in a collaborative and iterative environment
- Have experience in a high-growth startup
- Communicate well with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Have experience or familiarity with one or more of the following technologies: Java, Kotlin, JUnit, MVVM or MVP
Life at Favor:
- Benefits -- We offer premium health, vision, dental, life, and 401(k) options. We also offer Favor delivery credit and H-E-B discounts!
- Time-Off -- We offer unlimited PTO for salary employees and ample vacation time to all team members. We empower you to live your best life and do your best work!
- Learning & Development -- We encourage personal growth and education through regular Learning Labs taught by internal team members and external facilitators.
- Community -- Whether you’re an avid cyclist, dog lover, or Magic enthusiast, there’s a group for you here. We foster community through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), quarterly company-wide events, happy hours, and regular connection opportunities.