Director of Operations, Continuous Improvement
Full Time - Austin, TX
Favor is looking for a strategic, action-oriented, and data-driven Director of Operations, Continuous Improvement. You will be responsible for high-priority strategic projects that drive capacity, quality, and productivity for Runners (that’s what we call our delivery drivers), customers, and merchants.
This role reports to the Vice President of Operations and collaborates with a broad range of key stakeholders including Finance and Business Analytics, Marketing, Sales, Product, Technology, Support, and Operations teams.
What you'll do:
- Develop, communicate, and execute complex cross-functional initiatives aimed at delivering best-in-industry service for Runners, customers, and merchants
- Review current processes, identify improvement opportunities, document best practices, define strategies, and lead the improvement effort
- Evaluate Favor's products, processes, and practices against external benchmarking trends to drive scalable solutions
- Implement a culture of continuous improvement including standards definitions, audits, and feedback gathering to drive cycles
- Partner with Product and Technology teams to prioritize the implementation and rollout of features designed to improve capacity, quality, and productivity
- Define and maintain key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of Favor’s operations to provide a quality service and support the business’ growth goals
- Work with cross-functional teams to design and implement business initiatives and workflow changes, including communications and appropriate launch plans for stakeholders involved
- Lead a team and create an inspiring and empowered work environment for team members to thrive by defining clear career paths and identifying individual growth opportunities
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition and People teams to recruit, retain, and develop Operations team members
Skills you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, operations, business, or a quantitative discipline
- A Master of Business Administration or Master of Science degree in a relevant field is a plus.
- 10+ years of operations, consulting, or related experience with 5+ years in a leadership position
- Demonstrated track record of creating strategic relationships across the business while driving alignment on high-priority, high-visibility initiatives
- Last-mile, marketplace, and/or gig economy experience preferred
Who you are:
- You are analytical and data driven
- You have familiarity with Six Sigma and Lean principles and methodologies
- You have strong strategic planning, organizational, and execution skills
- You have excellent leadership, interpersonal, and customer skills
- You are an effective communicator, both written and verbal
- You have a proven record of operational results that drive business goals in a fast-paced changing environment
- You are excited to dig into what makes Favor unique and engage across the organization where needed
Life at Favor:
Benefits: We offer premium health, vision, dental, and life insurance, alongside 401(k) options. We go beyond the basics, while also throwing in Favor delivery fee credit and H-E-B discounts!
Paid time off (PTO): We offer unlimited PTO for salaried employees (that’s actually unlimited) and ample vacation time to all team members.
Learning and development: We encourage personal growth and education through Intern(al)ships and Learning Labs taught by Favor team members and external facilitators.
Community: Whether you’re an avid cyclist, dog lover, or Magic enthusiast, there’s a group for you here. We foster community through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), quarterly company-wide events, weekly happy hours, and regular connection opportunities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion: At Favor, we believe that to be the best delivery app in Texas, we need to represent all Texans. We are committed to growing a team with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives, and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Flexible work options:
We have team members spread across Texas and beyond - some work from the office, some from home, and some a mix of both! We believe in fostering an inclusive and flexible work environment that supports our diverse workforce.
At this time, we are not able to support employment in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington. If you are located in one of these states but are open to relocation, we welcome your application!
View More Career Opportunities