Front End – Sr. Software Engineer
Full Time - Texas or Remote
Favor’s mission is ‘Anything Delivered’. Our engineers make high-touch logistics happen. The Favor technology platform is the engine behind the business enabling millions of Favors. Our technology efficiently manages the real-time assignment of Runners to Favors, facilitates communication between customers, Runners, and support, keeps thousands of customer and Runner mobile applications in sync, and more.
Do you get a thrill when you make an impact on hundreds of thousands of users? Do you want to work for a purpose and value driven company in a high growth environment? Our engineers create the tools and applications necessary to connect our customers, Runners, merchants, and support teams. As a Senior Software Engineer at Favor you will be responsible for all phases of development, testing, and deployment of our web applications. You will work closely with our product and operations teams to understand customer needs, build simple solutions to complex problems, and deliver delightful experiences to all our users.
At Favor, we are committed to building a world class team that shares a passion for modern, clean code and products that make a difference. We need engineers like you to help us achieve our mission of ‘Anything Delivered’.
- Assist in research and fact finding to develop or modify applications.
- Fix bugs and perform updates to the code base while working closely with team members across Product, Design, and Engineering.
- Participate in the planning and execution of development projects.
- Partner with cross-functional technology teams to integrate solutions.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A related degree or comparable formal training, certification, or work experience.
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, and principles of Responsive Web Design.
- Solid understanding of how to consume API services from a client (e.g. RESTful, WebSockets, GraphQL).
- Can design and build technical solutions without direct oversight.
- Ability to write tests that cover most common use cases and code paths.
- Keep up to date with Front end technologies and best practices.
- Experience in a high-growth startup is a plus.
- Understand and appreciate great UX design.
- Experience with Typescript and UI Automation testing.
- Enjoy working with other engineers in a collaborative and iterative environment.
- Communicate well with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Likes mentoring junior engineers and helps organize squad members around project goals.
Life at Favor
- Benefits -- We offer premium health, vision, dental, life, and 401(k) options. We also offer Favor delivery credit and H-E-B discounts!
- Time-Off -- We offer unlimited PTO for salary employees and ample vacation time to all team members. We empower you to live your best life and do your best work!
- Learning & Development -- We encourage personal growth and education through regular Learning Labs taught by internal team members and external facilitators.
- Community -- Whether you’re an avid cyclist, dog lover, or Magic enthusiast, there’s a group for you here. We foster community through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), quarterly company-wide events, happy hours, and regular connection opportunities.