Manager, UX Research
Full Time - Austin, TX
At Favor, we’re doing more than providing consumers with the best on-demand delivery experience. We’re building a community of Runners who can earn how they want, when they want. And we’re doing all this while helping local businesses grow. As a result, the customer, Runner, and merchant user experience is paramount. As Manager of UX Research, you will be responsible for the team who works to truly understand our users across all Favor products.
What you’ll do:
- Own the user research strategy for Favor and continue to develop and improve the communication and processes team members use to work efficiently and conduct user research
- Manage a team of UX researchers, helping to evolve expertise in research strategy, methodology, and execution
- Assign research team members to projects and collaborate with other teams to help larger audiences understand and feel involved in research
- Work with product managers, product designers, and the broader company to understand the needs of our users through generative research, qualitative and quantitative research, data analysis, and user testing
- Identify and think through problems, provide feedback on solutions, and help make our products great
- Coordinate company-wide communication about research and tell the story of the users’ needs across our products
- Impart a user-centric and research-oriented product culture on teams outside of Product and Engineering
Skills you have:
- A related degree or comparable formal training, certification, or work experience
- 5+ years of experience in UX research
- 1+ years of direct management experience with researchers
- A track record of delivering great user experiences that lead to great business results
- Great communication and presentation skills
Who you are:
- You thrive while leading in a fast paced, regularly changing environment. You turn chaos into order, and you love doing it. People look to you for guidance in times of turmoil.
- You are most comfortable when there’s too much to do. You aren’t easily overwhelmed, and you prioritize tasks naturally. You’re not afraid to focus on one thing at a time when it’s needed.
- You have a high dynamic range. You can see the big picture but are comfortable diving deep into the details. You’re not above rolling up your sleeves and doing the grunt work.
- You love great products. You are excited by thoughtful design and you appreciate attention to detail and fine craft.
- You show confidence and humility. You’re able to make decisions with the wisdom to change course as soon as needed. You have a natural ability to collaborate with a diverse group of individuals without drama.