Senior Business Analyst, Marketing
Full Time - Texas
Favor is the food delivery app made by Texans, for Texans, and data is at the center of everything we do. The appetite for reporting and analysis increases each day as we grow and improve our programs, platforms, products, and features for our community of customers, Runners (that’s what we call our delivery drivers), and restaurant partners.
We are looking for a Sr. Business Analyst – Marketing to join our Business Analytics team and work closely with our Marketing Operations, Media, Lifecycle, Creative, and Brand teams. You’ll leverage first- and third-party data to create a 360-degree view of our customers and generate actionable insights on the critical experiences that influence conversion, retention, frequency, and monetization. Title and compensation will be informed by experience level.
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain a suite of self-service reporting that puts the most critical key performance indicators (KPIs) in the hands of your stakeholders
- Analyze paid and organic customer acquisition, volume, and conversion trends to steer digital spend toward channels with the highest return on investment
- Coordinate with marketing teams to implement and report on A/B tests for initiatives and campaigns
- Identify potential sources of conversion breakage and recommend steps to turn 100% of app downloads into active customers
- Analyze customer behavior to understand how each interaction may influence short-term satisfaction and long-term retention, with the ultimate goal of making higher confidence, real-time customer lapse predictions
- Create customer segments based on stakeholder-defined parameters and advanced analytical techniques (e.g. k-means clustering) which can be used to better understand our customers and create targeted marketing opportunities
- Measure promotional risk and return with an emphasis on prescribing the right size tactics for a given time, place, and audience
- Analyze the impact of new and existing programs on customers at various stages in their life cycle with an eye on increasing lifetime value
- Grow the collective Business Analytics team knowledge base through process documentation and technical mentorship
Skills you have:
- A relevant degree or comparable formal training, certification, and/or work experience
- 4+ years experience working in an analytical role, preferably focused on marketing and customer-centric analysis
- Intermediate to expert SQL skills, preferably with large datasets
- Proficiency in multiple tools and scripting languages (Python, R, Excel, etc.)
- Familiarity with statistical concepts and A/B test design
- Experience with business intelligence software like Looker, Tableau, or Domo
- Experience with client-side analytics like Google Analytics and Firebase
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, particularly in a presentation setting with an audience of varying technical knowledge levels
Who you are:
- You are detail oriented. You ensure accuracy and consistency of reporting and analysis through data cleansing, transformation, and ongoing stewardship. You think two steps ahead to identify potential roadblocks and have contingency plans to address them.
- You are narrative oriented. You connect changes in top-level metrics to the underlying drivers and create compelling visualizations to drive home key findings. You communicate results effectively to audiences at all levels of the organization.
- You are action oriented. You are always up for a challenge and view reporting and analysis as an opportunity to recommend tactics and strategies that make the business better. You are open to feedback in the interest of delivering continually better output and growing as a professional.
- You are teamwork oriented. You know how and when to effectively engage with your stakeholders and your teammates. You view yourself as a partner in the decision-making process and build trust through goal alignment, process transparency, and world-class output.