Senior Data Engineer
Full Time - Texas or Remote
Senior Data Engineer
Favor’s mission is ‘Anything Delivered’. Our Engineering team makes high-touch logistics happen. The Favor technology platform is the engine behind the business enabling millions of Favors. Our technology efficiently manages the real-time assignment of Runners to Favors, facilitates communication between customers, Runners, and support, keeps thousands of customer and Runner mobile applications in sync, and more.
We are looking for a Sr. Data Engineer to join our Data Science team. This engineer will develop and maintain data architectures and large scale processing systems that power our data lake and machine learning. They will build pipelines for integrating internal and third party data while ensuring high data integrity. They will work with our data science team and other data stakeholders to ensure data availability and scalability.
- Architect systems ingesting and transforming internal and external data sources to meet requirements from the data teams and engineering stakeholders
- Define and implement data governance procedures such as access and integrity mechanisms
- Create, maintain and monitor pipelines for regular data processing while ensuring data reliability, quality and efficiency
- Identify, design and implement projects for automating manual processes and ensuring data availability at scales
- Collaborate with data science and business stakeholders to address data issues and support their needs
- Architect and maintain event streams and real time data replication
- Clearly translate business and technical requirements into architectural designs and documentation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in data engineering, data architecture or equivalent
- 3+ years with cloud infrastructure providers (GCP, AWS, Azure, etc)
- Strong with programming languages such as Python, Scala or others
- Expert with SQL, NoSQL and other database dialects
- Ability to collaborate with DevOps and other engineers to ensure reliable production availability
- Experience with AWS, Redshift and Airflow
- Architectural and implementation with Kinesis or other event stream technologies
- Familiar with big data processing tools like Spark or Hadoop
- Knowledge of distributed system implementation and design
Life at Favor:
- Benefits -- We offer premium health, vision, dental, life, and 401(k) options. We also offer Favor delivery credit and H-E-B discounts!
- Time-Off -- We offer unlimited PTO for salary employees and ample vacation time to all team members. We empower you to live your best life and do your best work!
- Learning & Development -- We encourage personal growth and education through regular Learning Labs taught by internal team members and external facilitators.
- Community -- Whether you’re an avid cyclist, dog lover, or Magic enthusiast, there’s a group for you here. We foster community through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), quarterly company-wide events, happy hours, and regular connection opportunities.