Senior Analyst, Business Analytics
Full Time - Texas or Remote
We are looking for a Marketplace Insights Sr. Analyst to join our Business Analytics team. Data is at the center of everything Favor does. The appetite for reporting and analysis grows each day as we expand our geographic footprint throughout Texas and introduce new programs, platforms, products and features to our community of customers, runners and merchant partners.
As a Marketplace Insights Analyst on the Business Analytics team you will leverage first- and third-party data to inform a best-in-class marketplace strategy that provides great delivery experiences for our Customers and great earnings opportunities for our Runners, while also supporting our Merchant partners. You will work closely with our Marketing & Growth team to define acquisition and incentive tactics, and also with our Support teams to identify, monitor and mitigate poor Customer & Runner experiences.
- Lead discussions to define and drive cross-functional alignment around the KPIs that define strong service on the Customer side as well as strong earnings potential on the Runner side.
- Develop and maintain a suite of self-service reporting that identifies actionable service opportunities for Customers and actionable earnings opportunities for Runners.
- Work closely with the broader Marketing organization to inform acquisition and promotion tactics to help the company hit monthly order count and revenue goals while protecting the service experience.
- Identify effective and cost-efficient methods for retaining, stretching and shaping our supply of Runners to meet growing demand volume in 100+ cities across Texas, in partnership with CRM, Acquisition, Ops, Support and Product & Eng teams.
- Identify areas of poor service and poor earnings, and advise on strategies to address through a combination of financial incentives, marketplace rule & boundary changes, Customer- and Runner-facing feature development, CRM and social comms, among other tactics.
- Grow the collective Business Analytics team knowledge base through process documentation and technical mentorship.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A related degree or comparable formal training, certification, or work experience.
- 2+ years experience working in an analytical role, preferably focused on sales, merchandising, pricing, operations and / or content analysis.
- Experience building descriptive and predictive models.
- Experience with business intelligence software, such as Looker, Tableau, or Domo.
- Experience with client-side analytics, like Google Analytics and Firebase.
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills, preferably with large datasets.
- Analysis fanatic, with proficiency in multiple tools and scripting languages - e.g. Excel, Python, R.
- Familiarity with statistical concepts and A/B test design.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, in particular in a presentation setting.
- Detail-oriented. You ensure accuracy and consistency of reporting and analysis through data cleansing, transformation and ongoing stewardship. You think 2 steps ahead to identify potential roadblocks and have contingency plans to address them.
- Narrative-oriented. You connect changes in top-level metrics to the underlying drivers and create compelling visualizations to drive home key findings. You communicate results effectively to audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Action-oriented. You are always up for a challenge and view reporting and analysis as an opportunity to recommend tactics and strategies that make the business better. You are open to feedback in the interest of delivering continually better output and growing as a professional.
- Teamwork-oriented. You know how and when to effectively engage with your stakeholders and your teammates. You view yourself as a partner in the decision-making process and build trust through goal alignment, process transparency and world-class output.
Life at Favor:
- Benefits -- We offer premium health, vision, dental, life, and 401(k) options. We also offer Favor delivery credit and H-E-B discounts!
- Time-Off -- We offer unlimited PTO for salary employees and ample vacation time to all team members. We empower you to live your best life and do your best work!
- Learning & Development -- We encourage personal growth and education through regular Learning Labs taught by internal team members and external facilitators.
- Community -- Whether you’re an avid cyclist, dog lover, or Magic enthusiast, there’s a group for you here. We foster community through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), quarterly company-wide events, happy hours, and regular connection opportunities.