Senior Data Scientist
Full Time - Texas
We’re excited to add a Senior Data Scientist to our dedicated Data Science team at Favor. This role will concentrate on optimizing our assignments algorithm to drive efficiencies across our high-touch logistics platform.
This position offers the opportunity to manage full lifecycle machine learning projects, including problem definition, feature exploration, and production deployment. You’ll be leveraging your skills and experience to design, implement, and maintain impactful models that shape our business operations and product offerings. Close collaboration with backend engineers will be crucial to ensure the function of developed models in production environments is seamless.
What you'll do:
- Understand assignment problems and identify opportunities for data to provide value in order to reach key performance indicators
- Develop and test multiple approaches to determine the most effective solution for data science problems
- Construct a robust framework for comprehensive model testing and accuracy
- Design and implement optimization models using the best available technology
- Work with data scientists and engineers to serve predictions from models in production environments
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to understand problems and priorities
- Estimate the level of effort needed for data science problems, setting up potential milestones such as feature exploration, minimum viable model, and deployment
Skills you have:
- Master’s degree or PhD in statistics, computer science, data science, economics, mathematics, operations research, or another quantitative field
- 5+ years of combined experience in machine learning, statistics, data modeling, programming, or applied research in related fields
- Proficiency in data science tools such as Pandas, Keras, TensorFlow, etc.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, including K-NN, SVM, Decision Trees, and ARIMA models
Who you are:
- You are experienced in Amazon Web Services and SageMaker
- You are familiar with time series forecasting models
- You are proficient in scripting and programming languages
- You have a proven track record of applying optimization techniques to solve real world problems
- You have a strong ability to work collaboratively with both data scientists and backend engineers