Effective October 7, 2020
- Our on-demand ordering service (together with the Website and the Apps, the “Favor Service” or the “Service”); and
- Any email, text, and other electronic communications between you and Favor.
- Information we collect offline or by any other means (such as through other websites or services we may offer); and
- Information collected by our affiliates or any other third parties, which may have their own privacy policies.
What Information does Favor collect?
Location Information. We also collect Information about your geographic location from you or your device, including your country, region, city, ZIP code, street address, time zone, latitude, longitude, and horizontal position representation Information (“Location Information”).
Social Information. We may also collect Information about you from various third-party services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others) through their applicable APIs or otherwise (“Social Information”).
Tracking Information and Do Not Track signals. We use the Website, the Apps, and the Service to collect Information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, applications, or other online services (“Tracking Information”). Your web browser, application platform, or device may allow you to opt out of our collection of Tracking Information by selecting a “do not track” (or similar) setting. However, we do not currently have processes to address those settings or other “do not track” requests, and consequently, cannot guarantee that we will honor such requests. If you do not want us to collect this Information, do not use the Website, the Apps, or the Service.
Order information and other information you voluntarily disclose. Certain features of the Service and the Apps are designed to display information you choose to provide to other users (such as texts between Customer users and the Runners delivering products), or to other third parties (such as Merchants from whom you order products). Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose information by ordering products or otherwise providing such information through the Service or the Apps (including, for example, if you provide building or security codes to a Runner), that information can be seen by those users or third parties to whom you send that information. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information you choose to submit in connection with these features.
How does Favor use this information?
We may use your Information, including your Personal Information, as follows:
- For order fulfillment, billing, and delivery purposes;
- To verify your age and identity, for example when purchasing age-restricted products or applying to become a Runner.
- To enable you to participate in interactive features of the Service or the Apps (such as communications between Customers and Runners);
- To provide services and Customer support to you;
- To improve, test, measure, update, and monitor Favor’s products, services, and communications for a better user experience;
- To communicate with you, including about the Service, the Apps or your account;
- To verify your age and identity, for example when purchasing age-restricted products;
- To market or promote the Service, the Apps, or products and services of Favor’s affiliates. Under no circumstances will your phone number or data obtained through any short code program be shared without your consent with any external third parties for marketing reasons.
- To personalize your experience (for example, we may personalize the content and features you see when visiting or otherwise using the Website, our Service, or Apps. In addition, we may personalize advertisements, marketing communications, and recommendations to make them more tailored to your interests); and
- For any other purpose we may describe when you provide the Information, or to which you otherwise consent.
In addition, Favor and its third-party partners may also use the Information to: remember your Information so you will not have to re-enter it during a subsequent visit; help you efficiently access your Information after you sign in; diagnose or fix technology problems; and for security and fraud prevention purposes including without limitation identifying and distinguishing between fraudulent and legitimate transactions; and
To maintain legal and regulatory compliance (for example, to pay our taxes, fulfill our business obligations, or otherwise manage legal risks or comply with applicable laws).
Information we share
Favor or its agents, vendors, or contractors may disclose Information, including your Personal Information, to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To our third-party service providers, agents, vendors, or contractors that we use to support the operations of our business including the Service, the Apps, and the Website and who are required to keep the Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. Such purposes include but are not limited to payment processing, advertising services, marketing services, web analytics, data processing, IT services, Customer support, and other services;
- If required to do so by law, comply with legal process or to comply with a governmental or regulatory request;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Favor or its agents or contractors;
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other Favor agreements;
- To verify your age and identity for certain purchases;
- To act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service, the App, the Website, or the public;
- As part of a transaction or potential transaction where Favor or any of its affiliates merges with another organization, files for bankruptcy, or sells its assets or capital stock;
- When you place an order, we will provide the following Information to the Runner that fulfills your order: your name, phone number, order details, the Merchant whose products you are requesting, and Location Information so the Runner can fulfill your order and communicate with you about your order;
- To Merchants whose products you have requested to help fulfill your order; and
- With your consent, we may share or disclose Information as you have directed or approved elsewhere.
If you are a Runner, we may share Information related to amounts paid to you with our third-party payment processor and the relevant taxing authorities for tax purposes, as further described in our Runner Software Agreement.
Security of your Information
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect the Information. These safeguards include storing your Information on our secure servers behind firewalls and using encryption technology. Through the use of third-party technologies, we collect your credit card Information; however, such Information is encrypted so it is not visible to Favor. We do not store your credit card Information, which is stored and processed by our third-party payment processor vendor. Despite the actions and precautions we take, no data transmissions over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of the Information and you acknowledge and agree that you transmit it to us at your own risk.
Third-party websites, services, and technologies
The Website, the Apps, and the Service are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Information from children under 13. If you believe that we may have collected Information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us via this link.
Information choices and changes
We may need to communicate with you about the Service and the App, and we would like to make certain commercial offers available to you from time to time. As such, you consent to receive commercial messages (whether by phone, email, text, or push notifications) from us or our third-party partners, and acknowledge and agree that your primary phone numbers and email addresses and other Information may be used for the purpose of initiating commercial messages. We will allow you to opt out of receiving commercial messages, but in order to stop receiving any messages from us whatsoever (including administrative messages regarding the Service or messages that are primarily about transactions enabled via the Service), you will need to terminate your account. See the SMS Terms for more opt-out information.
Deletion and Retention of Personal Information
You have a right to request that we delete Personal Information we have collected about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact email@example.com. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Favor reserves the right to retain certain Personal Information to the extent required or permitted by applicable laws or regulations.
Regarding Customers outside Texas
The Services are currently not intended for use outside of the State of Texas. If you reside or are otherwise located outside of the State of Texas, you may not access or otherwise use the Website, Service, or Apps, nor may you provide Favor with any Personal Information or cause Favor to receive any Personal Information of any non-Texas resident, resident of California, or resident of the European Union.